Monday, February 2, 2009

Fuzzy hearts

Despite what many people believe about Saint Valentine's Day (some say over commercialized, I say under-loved), I fully believe in the celebration of all things "love" related. I think that it is a great day to show everyone you know, despite how well or how long, that you simply care about/for their well being. With this thought in mind, I created a few little cards to say "Happy Heart Day" (overly saccharine, I know, but am not ashamed... I wear my heart on my sleave (overboard...okay it stops now)!)



I made these with all "found" items. Easy as pie.
I cut some paper that I found in the basement into a square
then, cut some pretty pink felt from my crafting workshop into a heart
Found some buttons in my button jar
Went to work....
Sewed the heart onto the folded squared paper with red thread in a zig-zag stitch (with the machine, of course)
Then watched the Barefoot Contessa do her thing on TV while attaching a plethera of buttons in Valentine-y colours
End result: Fuzzy hearts with lots of love.
peace, love, and valentine cards,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment